Thursday, December 2, 2010

So Sue Me

This is the time of year when my friends, family, co-workers, and complete strangers all say the same thing to me:  "I hate you."  (I bet you thought it was going to be "Merry Christmas," didn't ya?")

I have to say I earn it.

No, I don't walk around like the Grinch with a piece of coal in my heart, and I don't sing 'Silent Night' off-key.  (At least, not intentionally.)

It's just that I finished my Christmas shopping.

Last month.

Generally, I'm finished around July, but this has been a rough year for me.  I've already received several e-mails from people who've received packages stating, "What do you mean, DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS?"  True, they did get them mid-November, but there is no way on God's Green Earth I'm tackling the Post Office in mid-December.  Not for anyone or anything.  (They should have been among the crowd I sent packages out to in July with that message out to on them.  Oh, the nasty messages I received!)

Now, I work in a busy store.  I see the 'fun' in Christmas shopping.  About as much 'fun' as emergency surgery.  That's why 95% of my shopping was online. Search, click, and zip.  Hide it in the closet, and hopefully remember that it's there.  (I need to follow Mom's example and start keeping items listed in a notebook.  One year my nephew Jordan really had a bonanza due to my poor memory.  Hey, he didn't mind!)

But as we all get tied up with gift-giving and what Aunt Hilda is going to want, we don't necessarily tie in our gifts to the individuals.  I have fun doing so. I buy Christmas all year round, and already have one family member covered for next year.

Contact me for lessons.

                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment